Le Monde lies between the banks of the Livenza and Meduna rivers, close to the border between the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone in Friuli Grave. The winery headquarters, built in the eighteenth century maintains the architectural characteristics of the time. Originally property of the Pistoni family, the wine farm together with the vineyards was acquired Alex Maccan in 2008. Alex is now the owner and winemaker.
Grapes / Soils
|Ribolla Gialla||Vine Age – 20 years||Argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements||15 ha|
- DENOMINATION : Doc Friuli Grave.
- SOIL: Argillaceous, calcareous, rich in microelements.
- YELD PER HECTARE: 100 q./hectare.
- TRAINING SYSTEM: Guyot, with a density of 4000 plants/ha.
- VINEYARD AGE: 20 years old.
- HARVEST PERIOD: Late August.
- VINIFICATION: Soft pressing of the grapes in a reducing environment. Fermentation at a controlled temperature of 17°C to obtain a clean base wine. Second fermentation according to the Charmat method for 20 days at controlled temperature of around 16°C. After this the wine remains on lees for almost 90 days.
- CELLARING POTENTIAL: 2-3 years from production.
- COLOR: Bright straw yellow.
- NOSE: Characteristic, intense and marked with floral nuances and a hint of grass.
- TASTE: Fresh and elegant on the palate with balanced acidity and sapidity, mineral aftertaste with good persistence.
- PAIRINGS: Excellent as an aperitif, goes well with fish dishes and shellfish.
- Made from Ribolla Gialla grapes
- Vine age – 20 years
- Grown on argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements soils
- GRAPE VARIETY: Ribolla Gialla 100%.
- ALCOHOL: 11.5%
- RESIDUAL SUGAR: 8 g/l
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Appellation(s)||DOC Friuli Grave|
|Annual Production||220,000 Bottles|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|