Le Monde lies between the banks of the Livenza and Meduna rivers, close to the border between the provinces of Treviso and Pordenone in Friuli Grave. The winery headquarters, built in the eighteenth century maintains the architectural characteristics of the time. Originally property of the Pistoni family, the wine farm together with the vineyards was acquired Alex Maccan in 2008. Alex is now the owner and winemaker.
Grapes / Soils
|Sauvignon||Planted 1980||Argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements||6 ha|
- Soil composition: Clay and Limestone
- Training method: Guyot
- Elevation: 50 feet
- Vines/acre: 4,000
- Yield/acre: 8 tons
- Exposure: North-south
- Year vineyard planted: 1980
After a careful selection of grapes from our most prized lot, pre-fermentation alcoholic maceration at a controlled temperature, followed by maturation in its own dregs.
- Harvest time: Mid September
- First vintage of this wine: 1992
- Number bottles produced of this wine: 32,000
- Fermentation container: Stainless steel
- Aging container: Stainless steel
- Straw yellow with golden tints
- Classic aromas of sauvignon, peppers, tomato leaf with varied sweet, enveloping, persistent characteristics.
- Fresh, lively highly pleasurable with optimal persistence.
- Ideal as aperitif, great with soups, cold cuts and savory fish dishes. A very interesting match with eastern cuisine.
- Made from Sauvignon grapes.
- Vine age – planted 1980.
- Grown on soils of argillaceous, calcareous, rich in micro-elements.
- Fermented in stainless steel.
- Aged in stainless steel and the bottle.
- Varietal composition: 100% Sauvignon
- Alcohol: 13.0%
- Residual sugar: 1.1 g/l
- Acidity: 5.6 g/l
- Dry extract: 19.75 g/l
|Region||Friuli Venezia Giulia|
|Appellation(s)||DOC Friuli Grave|
|Annual Production||220,000 Bottles|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|