Meaning ‘offspring’ in Maori, MOMO sprung from Seresin Estate in Marlborough. Now grown up with its own identity and personality, MOMO is youthful, urbane and well travelled, with an easy charm. Seriously stylish, MOMO loves good food and great conversation. Above all, MOMO is about enjoyment – the simple pleasure of good wine.MOMO selects organically grown grapes from a small number of growers and uses minimal winemaking intervention to present wines with honest varietal character and quality. All wines are Vegan friendly as well.
Grapes / Soils
|Pinot Noir||Over 20 years on average in 2015||Mixed alluvial silt, gravel and clay|
- Fruit primarily from the clay-rich hillside Raupo Creek vineyard in the Omaka Valley (91.32%)
- Small amount also from the Noa vineyard, in the Wairau subregion (8.68%) which is made up of
Waimakariri type soils of alluvial origin.
- 2017 a memorable and challenging vintage
- Warm start to growing season with good soil moisture
- Cold temperatures during flowering, resulting in lower yields and smaller bunches
- Harvest fast and furious, one of the most compact with rains just before and during harvest
- Wines has strong natural acidity and intense fruit flavors from the colder season
- Fruit hand-picked, destemmed and fermented with wild yeast, and the caps handplunged daily during fermentation
- Wine left on skins for 4-5 weeks, then drained, lightly pressed and transferred to aged French oak barriques, 12% new.
- Natural malolactic fermentation during 11 months maturation, before bottleding lightly filtered and unfined.
Gorgeous deep ruby in colour, this pretty Pinot Noir exudes lifted notes of dark cherry, plum and earth. The palate is fleshy and generous, yet elegant and supple, finishing with firm tannins and wonderful harmony.
100% Certified Organic Pinot Noir grapes; Alcohol: 13.5%; Vine age – over 20 years; soils primarily hillside clay with small amount of Waimakariri alluvial silt; colder flowering and growing season produced lower yields, intense fruit flavors and strong natural acidity; fermented with wild yeast, caps handplunged daily during fermentation of 4-5 weeks; 11 months aging in French barriques, 15% new; bottled lightly filtered and unfined.
- 100% Certified Organic Pinot Noir grapes
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- pH: 3.72
- TA: 6.38 g/L
- Vine age – over 20 years on average from 2015
- Bottling date: 4/4/18
Fresh pomegranate and cranberry elements are fresh and lively, with details of toasted cumin, cedar and forest floor. Finds balance between savory notes and juicy red fruit flavors. Drink now through 2027.
The medium-bodied 2017 Organic Pinot Noir features briary raspberry aromas, plus hints of tea and black cherries. It’s a silky-textured, crisp offering, with plenty of flavor; it just lacks a bit of elegance. Still, it’s a tasty drop to drink over the next few years. Drink 2019 – 2023
|Annual Production||30,000 9L cases (including Seresin)|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Biodynamic, Organic|