Meaning ‘offspring’ in Maori, MOMO sprung from Seresin Estate in Marlborough. Now grown up with its own identity and personality, MOMO is youthful, urbane and well travelled, with an easy charm. Seriously stylish, MOMO loves good food and great conversation. Above all, MOMO is about enjoyment – the simple pleasure of good wine.MOMO selects organically grown grapes from a small number of growers and uses minimal winemaking intervention to present wines with honest varietal character and quality. All wines are Vegan friendly as well.
Vineyards in the Omaka Valley, Marlborough.
- Soil: Mixed alluvial silt, gravel and clay
- Vines Planted: average 1995
- Warm and wet spring with earlier flowering
- Perfectly formed bunches and average yields
- Last significant rain event just before Christmas, followed by perfect ripening conditions
- Dry, moderate daytime temperatures and cool nights
- Harvested in April in cool temperatures
- Fruit destemmed and fermented in open-top vessels
- Caps plunged twice daily
- Fermented 21 – 30 days, then pressed into small stainless steel vessels and neutral oak barrels
- Natural malolactic fermentation
- Aged 9 months before blending and bottling
This delicious, full bodied Pinot Noir exudes lifted aromas of cherry and ripe red berry fruits. The palate shows a dominance of ripe fruit, yet is soft and elegant, finishing with firm tannins that sit in wonderful harmony with the fruit and acidity.
100% Certified organic Pinot Noir grapes; alcohol: 13.5%; fruit from the Omaka Valley; mixed alluvial silt, gravel and clay soils; fermented in open-top vessels for 21 – 30 days; pressed into stainless and neutral oak barrels; natural malolactic fermentation; aged 9 months before blending and bottling; certified Organic by Bio-Gro NZ; vegan and vegetarian friendly.
- 100% Organic Pinot Noir grapes
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- pH: 3.78
- Total Acidity: 5.0 g/l
- Residual Sugar: Dry
- Bio-Gro NZ Certified Organic
- Vegan and Vegetarian friendly
|Annual Production||30,000 9L cases (including Seresin)|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Biodynamic, Organic|