Meaning ‘offspring’ in Maori, MOMO sprung from Seresin Estate in Marlborough. Now grown up with its own identity and personality, MOMO is youthful, urbane and well travelled, with an easy charm. Seriously stylish, MOMO loves good food and great conversation. Above all, MOMO is about enjoyment – the simple pleasure of good wine.MOMO selects organically grown grapes from a small number of growers and uses minimal winemaking intervention to present wines with honest varietal character and quality. All wines are Vegan friendly as well.
Fruit from Omaka Valley, Wairau Valley and Waihopai Valleys of Marlborough.
- Mixed alluvial soils mixed with clay
- Careful vineyard management throughout a less-predictable growing season in 2020-2021
- Vineyards all Bio-Gro NZ Organic certified for several years
- Mild winter, followed by some heavy frost events
- Growth great and consistent across vineyards after careful management of frosts, etc by vineyard team
- During flowering, lower temperatures and rainfall: variable flowering and fruit set, with markedly small bunches and some hen and chicken through vineyard
- Latter part of growing season provided perfect ripening conditions
- Harvested in March in cool temperatures
- Fruit chilled, crushed, destemmed and settled for 72 hours
- Clear juice carefully racked into variety of stainless steel vessels
- Long, cool fermentation to enhance pure, distinctive flavors characteristic of Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc
- Aged on lees for short period
- Wine stabilized and filtered (vegan-friendly) prior to bottling
A truly classic Sauvignon Blanc from Marlborough, that is brimming with vibrancy and vitality. Dense notes of ripe passionfruit dominate on the nose, supported by tropical fruit, herbaceous notes and a lashing of citrus. A portion of malolactic fermentation adds a textural quality to the palate, with subtle notes of lemon blossom and passionfruit. The finish is refreshing, crisp and dry.
100% Certified Organically grown Sauvignon Blanc grapes; alcohol: 13%; vineyards in Omaka Valley, Wairau Valley and Waihopai Valley; average vine age 25 years; mixed alluvial soils mixed with clay; mild winter followed by periodic heavier frosts; lower temperatures with somewhat uneven set; smaller berries and much smaller yields but excellent vineyard management optimized the resulting March harvest; fruit cold stabilized for 72 hours; long, cool fermentation in stainless steel; aged on lees for short period; vegan and vegetarian friendly.
- 100% Certified Organic Sauvignon Blanc grapes
- Alcohol: 13%
- Total Acidity: 7.1 g/l
- Residual Sugar: 0.6 g/l
- Bio-Gro Certified Organic
- Vegan and Vegetarian Friendly
|Annual Production||30,000 9L cases (including Seresin)|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Biodynamic, Organic|