Nestled at the very top of the impressively steep, vine-clad hills of the Treiso zone of Barbaresco, the winery’s vineyards were planted as early as the 1960’s in the white marl, calcareous soil typical of this area. An impressive selection of cru Barbaresci is punctuated by the spectacular Vigna Boito located at the peak of the Rizzi cru. The estate is managed entirely by the Dellapiana family with son Enrico as winemaker and viticulturist. Rizzi Winery participates in “The Green Experience” project which mandates guidelines for environmentally sustainable production.
Grapes / Soils
|Dolcetto D’Alba||Dolcetto||Planted 1972-1985-2004||white marl clayey- calcareous, alternated by sand||2 ha|
- Altitude: 240 – 360 m.s.l.m.
- Exposure: South East
- Soils: White marl clayey – calcareous, alternated by sand
- Year of Planting: 1972-1985-2004
- Vine Training System: Guyot
- Hand harvested into small crates, the second week of September
- Fermented using traditional, partial-submerged cap method, in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature for about 8 days
- Wine racked and malolactic fermentation for 1 month
- Aged in steel tanks for 6 months
- Bottled in the spring 2020, after the harvest
Intense ruby-purple color. The nose is characterized by pleasant floral and spicy sensations, roses and white pepper. Freshness, fruity fragrance, and drinkability – all achieved with a fairly low alcohol content – these are the goals and the style Rizzi seeks to showcase with this most classic Piedmontese wine from the the winery’s vineyards in the village of Treiso. Adaptable and versatile with many food pairings and situations.
100% Dolcetto grapes; Rizzi vineyards in village of Treiso; vines planted 1972-1985-2004; soils of white marl, clayey- calcareous, alternated by sand; fermented in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperatures, malolactic fermentation and then aging for 6 months, all in stainless steel; bottled and released in spring after the harvest.
- 100% Dolcetto grapes from Treiso
- Alcohol: 12.5%
- Total Acidity: 5.49 g/l
- pH: 3.48
- Residual Sugar: 0.17 g/l
- Extract: 26.4 g/l
|Appellation(s)||Treiso, Neive, Neviglie|
|Annual Production||Between 7,500 to 9,000 9L cases|