Nestled at the very top of the impressively steep, vine-clad hills of the Treiso zone of Barbaresco, the winery’s vineyards were planted as early as the 1960’s in the white marl, calcareous soil typical of this area. An impressive selection of cru Barbaresci is punctuated by the spectacular Vigna Boito located at the peak of the Rizzi cru. The estate is managed entirely by the Dellapiana family with son Enrico as winemaker and viticulturist. Rizzi Winery participates in “The Green Experience” project which mandates guidelines for environmentally sustainable production.
Grapes / Soils
|Langhe Nebbiolo||Nebbiolo||Planted 1976, 2005, 2012||white marl clayey- calcareous||2.2 ha|
- Village: Treiso
- Altitude: 230-370 m s.l.m.
- Exposure: South, South-West
- Soil: White marl clayey-calcareous
- Training sytem: Guyot
- Denisty: 3800-4000 vines/Ha
- Harvest: The grapes are handpicked usually the first week of October (with small variations depending on the weather).
- Fermentation and maceration: In stainless steel tanks at controlled temperatures, not exceeding values of 30°C, for a period of about 3 weeks
- Malolactic fermentation: Following the alcoholic fermentation, the wine is racked and undergoes a malolactic fermentation, which normally lasts a month.
- Ageing: For the Langhe Nebbiolo aging is provided for about 12 months in oak barrels, then in bottle before the selling.
- Deep garnet red in color.
- The nose reveals a beautiful and sensual fragrance with a rich complexity and intense floral component of violet and rose, and a very crisp red fruit, raspberry and strawberry, with notes of black pepper, cloves and licorice.
- Its taste is full and mellow, very balanced, with a nice tannic structure.
- Wine characterized by elegance and finesse.
- Serving suggestions: Pasta dishes with game sauces, roast and braised red meat, cheeses, but also easy dish and salamis.
- Serving temperature: 18°C
- Made from Nebbiolo grapes; vine age – planted 1967-2004
- Grown on soils of white marl clayey- calcareous
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperatures for a period of 21 days, followed by malolactic fermentation for about 4 weeks
- Aged in oak barrels (50Hl) for 12 months and then bottled and released.
- Grape Variety: Nebbiolo
Strawberries and cherry essence, as well as dried raspberries. Shows lovely roundness of tannins on the palate with some good intensity of fruit. Medium body and a medium-chewy finish. Drink now.
|Appellation(s)||Treiso, Neive, Neviglie|
|Annual Production||Between 7,500 to 9,000 9L cases|