Nestled at the very top of the impressively steep, vine-clad hills of the Treiso zone of Barbaresco, the winery’s vineyards were planted as early as the 1960’s in the white marl, calcareous soil typical of this area. An impressive selection of cru Barbaresci is punctuated by the spectacular Vigna Boito located at the peak of the Rizzi cru. The estate is managed entirely by the Dellapiana family with son Enrico as winemaker and viticulturist. Rizzi Winery participates in “The Green Experience” project which mandates guidelines for environmentally sustainable production.
Grapes / Soils
|Moscato D’Asti||Moscato Bianco||Planted 1978, 2013||white marl clayey- calcareous||11 ha|
- Locations: Treiso and Neviglie
- Altitude: 230 – 430 meteres
- Exposure: various according to production area
- Soils: white marl clayey – calcareous
- Vine Training system: Guyot
- Handpicked between first and second weeks of September
- Grapes gently pressed and juice chilled immediately
- Juice kept at 0°C
- To start fermentation, juice heated to 18°C, selected yeasts added, then temperature controlled between 18° – 20°C
- When must reaches 4.5 – 5.5% alcohol, fermentation is stopped by refrigeration at -3°C
- Bottled after sterile filtration
This sweet white is the dessert wine par excellence. Straw-yellow, it has an intensely fruity nose which is aromatic and very persistent. The sweet flavor is beautifully balanced with the low alcohol and acidity, which – although never high – gives the product an appealing freshness.
It’s a young wine, fresh, light and perfumed, fit to accompany the best traditional Italian dessets, cream-based, sweet biscuits, cakes, fresh peaches, strawberries, berries, panettone, panna cotta. Interesting as an aperitivo.
100% Moscato Bianco; alcohol: 5%; grown on clayey-calcareous soils; altitudes from 240 – 430 meters; grapes crushed and juice chilled to 0°C, fermented at 18°C until 5% alcohol reached; bottled after sterile filtration.
- 100% Moscato Bianco grapes
- Alcohol: 5%
|Appellation(s)||Treiso, Neive, Neviglie|
|Annual Production||Between 7,500 to 9,000 9L cases|