The persuasive charm and attentive embrace of the Sassetti family lures one to the vineyards, cellar and people who have farmed some of Montalcino’s finest vineyards for over a century. Four generations of the Sassetti family have made wine in Montalcino. Livio worked the historic property through the late 1970s, then purchased the 16 hectare vineyard of the now–famous Podere Pertimali. The Podere is in the Montosoli area, north of Montalcino, a particularly well-known area for the cultivation of the Sangiovese grape. Faithful to the teachings of the family, Livio and Lorenzo have over time renewed and expanded the vineyards, preserving the genetic heritage of the old vines and preserving the primigenie characteristics.
Grapes / Soils
|Wine||Blend||Vine Age||Soil Type||Vineyard Area ha or acres|
|Rosso di Montalcino||100% Sangiovese Grosso||Planted 1988 -2001||clay and sandy on top|
- The Sassetti Pertamali vineyards are located in the Montosoli hills, north of Montalcino, a particularly well known area for the cultivation of Sangiovese
- The soils are have a clay sublayer with a sandy topsoil layer
- Training systems are spurred cordon
- Planting density is 7000 vines per acre
Lovely richness and fine tannins. Refined red fruits aromas of cherry and plum and a fresh and flavourful finish.
Made from Sangiovese Grosso (Brunello) 100%; Vines age – planted 1988 – 2001; vineyard soils of clay subsoil with sandy topsoil; fermented in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperatures 28 – 29 °C; maceration for 10 – 12 days; aged 1 year in stainless steel tanks; aged six months in bottle.
- 100% Sangiovese Grosso (Brunello)
- Alcohol: 13%
- Aged 1 year in stainless steel tanks
- Aged in bottle 6 months
- Grapes gently crushed and fermented in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature of 28 – 29 °C
- Maceration for 10 – 12 days
Fresh and bright with sliced-orange, hazelnut and dark-fruit character. Medium body, fine tannins and a crisp finish. Drink now.
|Appellation(s)||Montalcino, Montecucco, Valdobbiadene|
|Proprietors||Lorenzo Sassetti & Sabina La Brusco Sassetti|
|Annual Production||13,250 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Organic|