Estate grown grapes from organic and biodynamic vineyards are handpicked and transformed into artisan wines through gentle, traditional winemaking – wine of passion, grace and spirit. Acknowledging Seresin’s ongoing commitment to sound environmental practices as a winegrower, Seresin won the Marlborough District Council’s 2009 Marlborough Environment Award.
Grapes / Soils
|Pinot Noir||Over 20 years on average in 2015||Mixed alluvial silt, gravel and clay|
The fruit comes from our clay rich hillside Raupo Creek vineyard, the alluvial shingles of our Tatou vineyard and the Home vineyard, which is made up of a variety of Waimakariri type soils of alluvial origin.
- The fruit was hand-sorted before being de-stemmed and cooled, after a pre-fermentation soaking period the juice was allowed to warm and fermentation started with wild yeast. During fermentation the caps were hand-plunged daily.
- The wine was then left to sit on skins for two weeks for post ferment maceration; a total of four weeks was spent in contact with the skins. It was then drained and lightly pressed before being transferred to French barriques, of which approximately twenty percent were new.
- The wine went through natural malolactic fermentation during eleven months spent maturing in barrel, before it was bottled unfiltered and without fining in March 2012.
- Made from Pinot Noir grapes.
- Vine age – from vines over 20 years on average in 2015.
- Grown on soils of mixed alluvial silt, gravel and clay.
- Fermented in French Oak Barriques using wild yeast.
- Aged in French barriques, approximately 15% new.
- Aged for 11 months.
- Bottled unfiltered and unfined.
- Alcohol: 14.0%
- pH: 3.67
- TA: 5.2g/l
- Clones: 113, 114, 115, 667, 777, 6, 5, 10/5
Pale-medium red. Darker in its berry fruit character on the nose than the Home pinot, with a note of pungent minerality adding nuance. Rather youthfully clenched on the palate, with bright fruit complicated by a saline quality. Finishes with slightly edgy tannins that will require patience.
|Annual Production||60,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Biodynamic, Organic|