Estate grown grapes from organic and biodynamic vineyards are handpicked and transformed into artisan wines through gentle, traditional winemaking – wine of passion, grace and spirit. Acknowledging Seresin’s ongoing commitment to sound environmental practices as a winegrower, Seresin won the Marlborough District Council’s 2009 Marlborough Environment Award.
Grapes / Soils
|Pinot Noir||Over 20 years on average in 2015||Clay and windblown silt|
- The fruit comes from our clay rich hillside Raupo Creek vineyard and the alluvial shingles of our Tatou vineyard as well as our Home vineyard.
- Each vine is thinned to carry one bunch per shoot.
- After hand-picking the fruit was hand-sorted before being de-stemmed and cooled. After a pre-fermentation soaking period, the juice was allowed to warm and fermentation started with wild yeast. During fermentation the caps were hand-plunged daily.
- The wine was then left to sit on skins for two weeks for post ferment macerations; a total of four weeks was spent in contact with the skins. It was then drained and lightly pressed before being tranasferred to French barriques, approximately twenty percent of which were new.
- The wine went through natural malolactic fermentation during 12 months spent maturing in barrel, before being bottled unfiltered and without fining.
- Made from Pinot Noir grapes.
- Vine age – from vines over 20 years on average in 2015.
- Grown on soils of clay and windblown silt.
- Fermented in French Oak Barriques using wild yeast.
- Aged in French oak barriques, of which 14% were new.
- Aged for 15 months.
- Bottled unfiltered and unfined.
- Alcohol: 14.0%
- Clones: 115, 777, 5 & 667
- Total Acidity: 5.7g/l
|Annual Production||60,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Biodynamic, Organic|