Estate grown grapes from organic and biodynamic vineyards are handpicked and transformed into artisan wines through gentle, traditional winemaking – wine of passion, grace and spirit. Acknowledging Seresin’s ongoing commitment to sound environmental practices as a winegrower, Seresin won the Marlborough District Council’s 2009 Marlborough Environment Award.
Grapes / Soils
|Pinot Noir||Alluvial sand & clay|
- The fruit comes from our clay rich hillside Raupo Creek vineyard, which has a gentle north-west facing aspect settled in the centre of the Omaka Valley.
- Each vine is thinned to carry one bunch per shoot
- 2011 was a good year for Marlborough, with an even and quick flowering and fruit set.
- Light rain in December and January provided enough moisture to aid the vines in the warm and dry summer that followed, and the fruit was harvested over the course of a long, fine Indian summer.
- Fruit was hand-sorted, destemmed and cooled. After pre-fermentation steeping, the juice was warmed and fermented with wild yeast, and the caps hand-plunged daily during fermentation. The wine was left on skins for 2 weeks of post-ferment maceration, then drained, lightly pressed and transferred to French oak barriques, of which 30% were new. The wine went through natural malolactic fermentation during 18 months maturation, before it was bottled unfiltered and unfined.
- The nose exhibits notes of ripe dark berry fruit, alongside hints of savoury forest floor, rosemary and leather. The palate is concentrated, with deep earth, spice and hedgerow fruit characters, framed by fine, well-integrated tannins and a persistent, fresh finish.
- Drink dates: Now until 2024
- Made from Pinot Noir grapes.
- Vine age – from vines over 20 years on average in 2015.
- Grown on soils of Alluvial sand & clay.
- Fermented in French Oak Barriques using wild yeast.
- Aged in French oak barriques, 26% of which were new.
- Aged for 15 months.
- Bottled unfiltered and unfined.
- Clones: 115,777 & 10/5
- Yield: 3 tons/hectare; 1.25 tons/acre
- Oak: 100% oak matured, 30% new
- Bottling date: 1st March 2013
- Alcohol: 14%
- RS: <1g/l
- pH: 3.66
- TA: 5.7g/l
- Organic. Biodynamic.
- Suitable for vegans.
Ripe aromas of strawberry, blackberry and licorice. Pliant and intense in the mouth, offering terrific inner-mouth floral lift and definition to the intense flavors of red fruits and spices. This very classy, cellarworthy pinot noir finishes with firm but sweet tannins and excellent length.
|Annual Production||60,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Biodynamic, Organic|