Estate grown grapes from organic and biodynamic vineyards are handpicked and transformed into artisan wines through gentle, traditional winemaking – wine of passion, grace and spirit. Acknowledging Seresin’s ongoing commitment to sound environmental practices as a winegrower, Seresin won the Marlborough District Council’s 2009 Marlborough Environment Award.
Grapes / Soils
|Sauvignon Blanc||Over 20 years on average in 2015||Mixed alluvial silt, gravel and clay|
- Seresin has approx 250 acres of grapevines in total.
- “The fruit comes from our clay rich hillside Raupo Creek vineyard, the alluvial shingles of our Tatou vineyard and the Home vineyard, which is made up of a variety of Waimakariri type soils of alluvial origin. “
- Spur Pruning
- Three vineyards varying in altitude from 157 to 460 feet above Sea Level
- This Sauvignon Blanc displays passionfruit and herbaceous on the nose with a chalky mineral complexity.
- The palate is finely textured with ripe gooseberry, tropical fruit and citrus notes, framed by a fresh acidity to create a persistent finish.
- This wine is drinking well now but will develop well over the next five years.
- Made from Sauvignon Blanc grapes.
- Vine age – from vines over 20 years on average in 2015.
- Grown on soils of Mixed alluvial silt, gravel and clay.
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks with approximately fifteen percent of the Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon fermented in aged French oak barriques naturally using wild yeast.
- Predominantly Sauvignon Blanc, with a small portion of Semillon
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- pH Level: 3.25
- Residual Sugar: 3.6 g/L
- Acidity: 6.8 g/L
Intensely scented of ripe grapefruit, green guava and nectarines with hints of fresh sage and asparagus. Medium-bodied, it fills the mouth with tropical fruit and herbal flavors lifted by crisp acid, finishing with very good persistence. Delicious now, it should keep through 2013.
Bright, pale yellow. Sexy, complex nose offers subtle stone fruit aromas complicated by pepper and spices. Supple and round yet also quite penetrating, with lovely inner-mouth perfume to the stone fruit and spice flavors. This juicy, complex sauvignon finishes suave and long.
Hand picked organically grown fruit with wild yeast and a portion of used oak fermentation. One out of 20 parcels was Semillon. Zesty and focused and razor-sharp. Fruity rather than mineral but with great structure and I just about believe them when they say drink until 2016. Real persistence and interest. Bone dry too. Well done for taking so much trouble to raise themselves above the parapet.
|Annual Production||60,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Biodynamic, Organic|