Estate grown grapes from organic and biodynamic vineyards are handpicked and transformed into artisan wines through gentle, traditional winemaking – wine of passion, grace and spirit. Acknowledging Seresin’s ongoing commitment to sound environmental practices as a winegrower, Seresin won the Marlborough District Council’s 2009 Marlborough Environment Award.
Grapes / Soils
|Pinot Noir||Over 20 years on average in 2015||Mixed alluvial silt, gravel and clay|
- The fruit comes mostly from our clay rich hillside Raupo Creek vineyard. A small amount also from the alluvial shingles of our Tatou vineyard and the Noa vineyard, which is made up of a variety of Waimakariri type soils of alluvial origin.
- The 2012 vintage was a cool one, giving a long and gentle ripening. As a result, the tannins in our Pinot Noirs are silky fine and the fruit quality fresh with a vibrant, attractive acidity.
- The fruit was hand-sorted before being de-stemmed and cooled. After a pre-fermentation soaking period, the juice was allowed to warm and fermentation started with wild yeast. During fermentation the caps were hand-plunged daily.
- The wine was then left to sit on skins for two weeks for post ferment maceration; a total of four weeks was spent in contact with the skins. It was then drained and lightly pressed before being transferred to French barriques, of which approximately fifteen percent were new.
- The wine went through natural malolactic fermentation during eleven months spent maturing in barrel, before it was bottled unfiltered and unfined.
- Made from Pinot Noir grapes.
- Vine age – from vines over 20 years on average in 2015.
- Grown on soils of mixed alluvial silt, gravel and clay.
- Fermented in French Oak Barriques using wild yeast.
- Aged in French barriques, approximately 15% new.
- Aged for 11 months.
- Bottled unfiltered and unfined.
- Alcohol: 13.0%
- pH: 3.7
- TA: 5.3g/l
Pale ruby colored with a touch of purple…over a good core of black cherries, pepper and Mediterranean herbs. Medium-bodied, it's quite tight-knit and reticent in the mouth with earth and herbal layers fleshing out the chewy tannins, crisp acid and long finish.
With a compelling, complex and fresh nose of blue fruits and ripe cherries, this has plenty of bracken and sous bois on the make. It's leafy too and the oak is gently played.
Medium red. Pungent, slightly reduced aromas of raspberry, red cherry, mocha and spices, plus a whiff of truffley underbrush. Concentrated, sappy, slightly high-toned Pinot with a light touch to its intense flavors of red cherry, spices and wild mint. Strong mineral energy contributes to the impression of sharp definition and leavens the wine’s sweetness. Finishes with a fine dusting of tannins and excellent spicy persistence and building soil-driven perfume.
|Annual Production||60,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Biodynamic, Organic|