Estate grown grapes from organic and biodynamic vineyards are handpicked and transformed into artisan wines through gentle, traditional winemaking – wine of passion, grace and spirit. Acknowledging Seresin’s ongoing commitment to sound environmental practices as a winegrower, Seresin won the Marlborough District Council’s 2009 Marlborough Environment Award.
Grapes / Soils
|Pinot Noir||Alluvial sand & clay|
- The fruit comes from our clay rich hillside Raupo Creek vineyard, which has a gentle north-west facing aspect settled in the centre of the Omaka Valley.
- Each vine is thinned to carry one bunch per shoot.
- Fruit was hand-sorted and destemmed and cooled.
- After a pre-fermentation steeping period, the juice was warmed and fermented with wild yeast, and the caps hand-plunged daily during fermentation.
- The wine was left on skins for 2 weeks of post-ferment maceration, then drained, lightly pressed and transferred to French oak barriques, 26% of which were new.
- The wine went through natural malolactic fermentation during 15 months maturation, before it was bottled unfiltered and unfine
- The nose exhibits notes of ripe dark berry fruit, alongside hints of savoury forest floor, rosemary and leather.
- The palate is concentrated, with deep earth, spice and hedgerow fruit characters, framed by fine, well-integrated tannins and a persistent, fresh finish.
- Made from Pinot Noir grapes.
- Vine age – from vines over 20 years on average in 2015.
- Grown on soils of Alluvial sand & clay.
- Fermented in French Oak Barriques using wild yeast.
- Aged in French oak barriques, 26% of which were new.
- Aged for 15 months.
- Bottled unfiltered and unfined.
- Clones: 115, 777 & 10/5
- Yield: 3 tonnes / hectare
- Oak: 100% oak matured, 26% new
- Bottling date: 17th January 2014
- Alcohol: 13.5 %
- RS: <1g
- pH: 3.69
- TA: 5.3g/l
- Drink dates: Now until 2025
|Annual Production||60,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Biodynamic, Organic|