Estate grown grapes from organic and biodynamic vineyards are handpicked and transformed into artisan wines through gentle, traditional winemaking – wine of passion, grace and spirit. Acknowledging Seresin’s ongoing commitment to sound environmental practices as a winegrower, Seresin won the Marlborough District Council’s 2009 Marlborough Environment Award.
Grapes / Soils
|Sauvignon Blanc||Over 20 years on average in 2015||Mixed alluvial silt, gravel and clay|
- Certified organic fruit was hand-picked from our three vineyards.
- Grapes were sourced from the upper terraces of the Home vineyard, which comprise varied Waimakiriri type soils of alluvial origin.
- This was supplemented by portions from the Tatou vineyard which is made up of a mixture of alluvial shingles, and the clay rich Raupo Creek vineyard.
- Eighteen different parcels of Sauvignon Blanc and two portions of Semillon from the different vineyard blocks were pressed and then fermented separately so that we had a greater range of options when creating the final blend.
- The wine was naturally fermented using wild yeast for added complexity and texture, and approximately fifteen percent of the Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon were fermented in aged French oak barriques.
- Made from Sauvignon Blanc grapes.vine age – from vines over 20 years on average in 2015; grown on soils of mixed alluvial silt,
- Vine age – from vines over 20 years on average in 2015.
- Grown on soils of mixed alluvial silt, gravel and clay.
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks with approximately fifteen percent of the Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon fermented in aged French oak barriques and the wine was naturally fermented, using wild yeast.
- Alcohol: 12.5%
- RS: 3.6g/l
- pH: 3.33
- TA: 6.8g/l
|Annual Production||60,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Biodynamic, Organic|