Estate grown grapes from organic and biodynamic vineyards are handpicked and transformed into artisan wines through gentle, traditional winemaking – wine of passion, grace and spirit. Acknowledging Seresin’s ongoing commitment to sound environmental practices as a winegrower, Seresin won the Marlborough District Council’s 2009 Marlborough Environment Award.
Grapes / Soils
|Pinot Noir||Alluvial sand & clay|
- The fruit comes from our clay rich hillside Raupo Creek vineyard, which has a gentle north-west facing aspect settled in the center of the Omaka Valley.
- The vineyard is tended to throughout the season by hand; following the growth of the plant the vines were shoot-thinned, then leaf plucked, then fruit-thinned to carry one bunch per shoot.
- 2013 was an excellent vintage for Marlborough. A clam spring allowed for even flowering and berry set, and an initially warm summer was tempered by cooler temperatures after veraison. The cool end to the season allowed slower maturation of fruit, encouraged retention of acidity and development of more complex flavor compounds.
- Fruit was hand-picked, destemmed and cooled. After pre-fermentation steeping, the juice was warmed and fermented with wild yeast, and the caps hand-plunged daily during fermentation. The wines was left on skins for 2 weeks of post-ferment maceration, then drained, lightly pressed and transferred to French oak barriques, of which 19% were new. The wine went through natural malolactic fermentation during 15 months maturation, before it was bottled unfiltered and unfined.
- Vineyard: Raupo Creek Single Vineyard
- Oak: 19% New
- Bottling Date: November 14th, 2014
- From vines grown on a steep north facing slope in our Raupo vineyard, where the soils are dense and clay-based.
- The nose exhibits notes of ripe dark berry fruit, alongside hints of savory forest floor, rosemary and leather.
- The palate s concentrated, with deep earth, spice and hedgerow fruit characters, framed by fine, well-integrated tannins and a persistent, fresh finish.
- Made from Pinot Noir grapes.
- Vine age – from vines over 20 years on average in 2015.
- Grown on soils of Alluvial sand & clay.
- Fermented in French Oak Barriques using wild yeast.
- Aged in French oak barriques, 26% of which were new.
- Aged for 15 months.
- Bottled unfiltered and unfined.
- Varietal: 100% Pinot Noir
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- RS: <1 g/l
- PH: 3.7
- TA: 5.7 g/l
Pale to medium ruby-purple, the 2013 Raupo Creek Pinot Noir is beautifully scented of red cherries, pomegranate and Provence herbs with underlying forest floor, mushroom and earth hints.Â Medium-bodied, the palate is elegantly fruited with great intensity and a solid backbone of grainy tannins, finishing long and refreshing.
|Annual Production||60,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Biodynamic, Organic|