Estate grown grapes from organic and biodynamic vineyards are handpicked and transformed into artisan wines through gentle, traditional winemaking – wine of passion, grace and spirit. Acknowledging Seresin’s ongoing commitment to sound environmental practices as a winegrower, Seresin won the Marlborough District Council’s 2009 Marlborough Environment Award.
Grapes / Soils
|Sauvignon Blanc||Over 20 years on average in 2015||Mixed alluvial silt, gravel and clay|
- Ceritified organic fruit was hand-picked from two of our three biodynamic vineyards.
- The majority came from the upper terraces of our Noa vineyard, on Waimakiriri soils of alluvial origin.
- A cool start to the year, with some late frosts, but the weather was settled for flowering and fruit set. The summer was warm and very dry, resulting in berries and bunches being small than average. Harvest took place in good conditions, resulting in fruit which showed aromatic ripeness as well as a balanced, fresh acidity.
- This unique Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc is comprised of 18 different parcels of Sauvignon Blanc and two of Semillon, each picked from different vineyard blocks, which were then gently whole bunch pressed and fermented separately. The wines was naturally fermented using wild yeast, and 20% of the total blend was fermented in old French oak barriques to give complexity and texture. After eight months, each batch was tasted and selected to create a well-rounded and complex wine.
- Oak: Semillon portion and 11% Sauvignon in mixture of old barriques for 6 months.
- Bottle Date: February 4th, 2016.
- Subtle on the nose with warm notes of ripe yellow stone-fruit, soft passionfruit and chalky-mineral complexity.
- The palate is layered and finely textured, with ripe gooseberry, tropical and citrus notes, framed by a mouth-watering acidity, which creates a persistent finish.
- Delicious with all types of seafood and summer salads.
- Made from Sauvignon Blanc grapes.
- Vine age – from vines over 20 years on average in 2015.
- Grown on soils of mixed alluvial silt, gravel and clay.
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks with approximately fifteen percent of the Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon fermented in aged French oak barriques.
- The wine was naturally fermented, using wild yeast.
- Varietal: 91% Sauvignon Blanc/9% Semillon
- Alcohol: 13.0%
- RS: 1.6 g/l
- PH: 3.09
- TA: 6.6 g/l
The 2015 Sauvignon Blanc shows a little struck match (sulfide) character, which gives way to a core of lemon juice, gooseberry and passion fruit notes with hints of cedar and pea pods.Â It fills the palate with plenty of tropical, citrus and mineral flavors, with a crisp line and good length.Â The initial sulfide notes may be off-putting for some, but I like the savory edge they lend and find them in balance.
Racy acidity and silky texture; juicy and bright with elegant style and lively flavors; classic Marlborough Sauv Blanc.
|Annual Production||60,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Biodynamic, Organic|