Estate grown grapes from organic and biodynamic vineyards are handpicked and transformed into artisan wines through gentle, traditional winemaking – wine of passion, grace and spirit. Acknowledging Seresin’s ongoing commitment to sound environmental practices as a winegrower, Seresin won the Marlborough District Council’s 2009 Marlborough Environment Award.
Grapes / Soils
|95% Sauvignon Blanc and 5% Semillon||Over 20 years on average in 2015||Mixed alluvial silt, gravel and clay|
- The 2016 vintage will be remembered for a challenging cold start, followed by a spectacular long summer.
- The cold start meant the team was under pressure to fight frosts during the early stage of vine growth, however a warm and protracted summer period with dry, warm weather during the harvest period, meant the fruit was picked on-time and delivered intact and without stress.
- The harvest period was fast and furious due to physiological ripeness occurring simultaneously, resulting in one of the most compact vintages we have ever experienced.
- Certified organic fruit was hand-picked from two of our three biodynamic vineyards. The majority came from the upper terraces of our Noa vineyard, on Waimakiriri soils of alluvial origin.
- This unique Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc is comprised of 18 different parcels of Sauvignon Blanc and two of Semillon, each picked from different vineyard blocks, which were then gently whole bunch pressed and fermented separately.
- The wine was naturally fermented using wild yeast, and 15% of the total blend was fermented in old French oak barriques to give complexity and texture. After 9 months, each batch was tasted and selected to create a well-rounded and complex wine.
- Oak: 15% (all of Semillon and 10% Sauvignon Blanc) in mixture of old barriques for 9 months.
- Bottling date: January 26th and February 23rd 2017.
- Subtle on the nose with warm notes of ripe yellow stone-fruit, soft passionfruit and chalky-mineral complexity.
- The palate is layered and finely textured, with ripe gooseberry, tropical and citrus notes, framed by a mouth-watering acidity, which creates a persistent finish.
- Made from Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon grapes.
- Grown on soils of mixed alluvial silt, gravel and clay.
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks with approximately fifteen percent of the Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon fermented in aged French oak barriques.
- The wine was naturally fermented, using wild yeast.
- Varieties: 95% Sauvignon Blanc, 5% Semillon
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- RS: 3.9 g/l
- PH: 3.24
- TA: 6.1 g/l
- Total SO2: 70 ppm
- Certified Organic
There’s a honeyed overtone to the pear and citrus flavors, with plenty of spice and floral honeysuckle highlights on the crisp finish. Drink now.
Seresin’s 2016 Sauvignon Blanc includes 5% Sémillon and 17% was fermented and aged in older French oak barriques to add complexity and interest. The wine offers a leafy component on the nose that recalls tomato or currant leaves, plus plenty of citrusy fruit and hints of red berries or pink grapefruit. The oak is subtle, but if it is noticeable, it’s in the silky texture on the medium-bodied palate and the finesse-filled, lingering finish.
|Annual Production||60,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Biodynamic, Organic|