Estate grown grapes from organic and biodynamic vineyards are handpicked and transformed into artisan wines through gentle, traditional winemaking – wine of passion, grace and spirit. Acknowledging Seresin’s ongoing commitment to sound environmental practices as a winegrower, Seresin won the Marlborough District Council’s 2009 Marlborough Environment Award.
Grapes / Soils
|93% Sauvignon Blanc and 7% Semillon||Over 20 years on average in 2015||Mixed alluvial silt, gravel and clay|
2017 was a memorable and challenging vintage. We had a wonderful warm start to the growing season, with good soil moisture helping the vines to grow well. We then experienced cold temperatures during flowering, resulting in lower yields and smaller bunches. The harvest itself was fast and furious, one of the most compact we’ve ever experienced, with challenging rain events just before and near the end of harvest. The resulting wine has strong natural acidity and intense fruit concentration from the cooler season.
- Certified organic fruit was hand-picked primarily from our Noa vineyard with a small parcel from the Raupo vineyard.
- The Noa vineyards upper terrace is a mixture of Renwick and broadbridge soils, where as Raupo has rich clay bases soil on north facing slopes.
- The unique Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc is comprised of 18 different parcels of Sauvignon Blanc and two of Semillon, each picked from different blocks, which were then gently whole bunch pressed and fermented separately.
- The wine was naturally fermented using wild yeast, and 20% of the total blend was fermented in old French oak barriques to give complexity and texture.
- After nine months each parcel was tasted and selected for blending, to create a well-rounded and complex wine.
- Bottling Date: March 20, 2018
- Subtle on the nose with warm notes of ripe yellow stone-fruit, soft passionfruit and chalky mineral complexity.
- The palate is layered and finely textured, with ripe gooseberry, tropical and citrus notes, framed by mouth-watering acidity, which creates a persistent finish.
- Made from Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon grapes.
- Grown on soils of mixed alluvial silt, gravel and clay.
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks with approximately twenty percent of the Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon fermented in aged French oak barriques.
- The wine was naturally fermented, using wild yeast.
- Varieties: 93% Sauvignon Blanc, 7% Semillon
- Alcohol: 12.5%
- RS: 1.4 g/l
- PH: 3.24
- TA: 6.1 g/l
- Total SO2: 70 ppm
- Certified Organic
|Annual Production||60,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Biodynamic, Organic|