Estate grown grapes from organic and biodynamic vineyards are handpicked and transformed into artisan wines through gentle, traditional winemaking – wine of passion, grace and spirit. Acknowledging Seresin’s ongoing commitment to sound environmental practices as a winegrower, Seresin won the Marlborough District Council’s 2009 Marlborough Environment Award.
- Certified organic fruit from Noa vineyard with a small parcel from Raupo Creek vineyard
- Noa is an upper terrace of predominantly free draining alluvial soils
- Raupo Creek is rich and clay-based
2017 was a memorable and challenging vintage. We had a wonderful warm start to the growing season, with good soil moisture helping the vines to grow well. We then experienced cold temperatures during flowering,
resulting in lower yields and smaller bunches. The harvest itself was fast and furious, one of the most compact we have ever experienced with challenging rain events just before and during harvest. The resulting wine has strong natural acidity and intense fruit flavours from the colder season.
- Different parcels of Sauvignon Blanc and a small parcel of Semillon from different blocks
- Gentle whole cluster pressing and fermentation of each block separately
- Wild yeast only
- Small portion aged in old French barriques
- Blended in late 2017 by Leah Seresin
- 93.5% Sauvignon Blanc, 6.5% Semillon grapes
- Alcohol: 12.5%
- RS: 1.38 g/L
- pH: 3.24
- TA: 6.1 g/L
- Total S02: 58 ppm
- Certified Organic and Biodynamically grown
- No dairy products or eggs used, suitable for vegans and vegetarians
93.5% Sauvignon Blanc, 6.5% Semillon; alcohol: 12.5%; fruit from alluvial soils of Noa vineyard and some from clay soils of Raupo Creek vineyard; selected blocks harvested, whole cluster pressed and vinified separately; wild yeasts only; small portion aged in old French oak barriques; certified Organic and Biodynamic, suitable for vegans and vegetarians; blended by Leah Seresin; bottled 12/14/2017.
|Annual Production||60,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Biodynamic, Organic|