Neil Ellis is a South African wine industry icon and one of the early pioneers to bring quality levels up to world class standards. The winery sits 5 miles east of the town of Stellenbosch in the Jonkershoek Valley. It was founded in 1993 with the philosophy to source grapes from the top growers of the region. Neil owns vineyards and sources grapes from the regions of Stellenbosch, Darling, Darbanville and Elgin to produce the well balanced and easy to drink wines under the Sincerely label.
Grapes / Soils
100% Sauvignon Blanc
This is a multi-distinct blend with fruit sourced from Darling, Stellenbosch and Elgin.
- The juice was handled reductively and left to settle for 3 days after which it was racked and inoculated to ferment at low temperatures.
- It was left on the lees for 3 months before blending and bottling.
- Bottled in January 2017
Predominant aromas and flavors are those of tropical fruit with herbaceous overtones, whilst the overall impression is of elegance and delicacy with a long flavorsome finish.
- Made from Sauvignon Blanc grapes.
- Vine age – planted 1995 – 2010.
- Grown on various types of soils.
- Juice was allowed to settle for 3 days, was racked and fermented in stainless steel tanks at low temperatures.
- Aged on the lees in tank for 3 months before blending and bottling.
- 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Alcohol: 13.0%
- Residual Sugar: 2.31 g/L
- Total Acid: 5.8 g/L
- pH: 3.32
|Region||(1) Costal Region (2) Cape South Coast|
|Appellation(s)||(1) Stellenbosch, Darling (2) Elgin|
|Annual Production||50,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|