Neil Ellis is a South African wine industry icon and one of the early pioneers to bring quality levels up to world class standards. The winery sits 5 miles east of the town of Stellenbosch in the Jonkershoek Valley. It was founded in 1993 with the philosophy to source grapes from the top growers of the region. Neil owns vineyards and sources grapes from the regions of Stellenbosch, Darling, Darbanville and Elgin to produce the well balanced and easy to drink wines under the Sincerely label.
Grapes / Soils
A multi-distinct blend with fruit sourced from Durbanville, Paarl and Wellington.
- The juice was handled reductively and left to settle for 3 days after which it was racked and inoculated to ferment at low temperatures.
- Left on the lees for 3 months before blending and bottling.
- Bottling date: April 2017
- Pale straw with lime green hues.
- Nectarine fruits with scents of white blossom and grapefruit pithiness.
- Fresh and vibrant tropical fruit notes.
- Friendly and lively acidity with good texture.
- Made from Chardonnay grapes.
- Vine age – planted 1995 – 2010.
- Grown on various types of soils.
- Juice was allowed to settle for 3 days, was racked and fermented in stainless steel tanks at low temperatures.
- Aged on the lees in tank for 3 months before blending and bottling.
- 100% Chardonnay
- Bottled Alcohol: 13%
- Residual Sugar: 1.3 g/l
- Total Acid: 6.7 g/l
- pH: 3.30
|Region||(1) Costal Region (2) Cape South Coast|
|Appellation(s)||(1) Stellenbosch, Darling (2) Elgin|
|Annual Production||50,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|