Neil Ellis is a South African wine industry icon and one of the early pioneers to bring quality levels up to world class standards. The winery sits 5 miles east of the town of Stellenbosch in the Jonkershoek Valley. It was founded in 1993 with the philosophy to source grapes from the top growers of the region. Neil owns vineyards and sources grapes from the regions of Stellenbosch, Darling, Darbanville and Elgin to produce the well balanced and easy to drink wines under the Sincerely label.
- A multi-district blend with fruit sourced from Darling, Durbanville, Paarl and Stellenbosch
- Vines planted from 1995 – 2010
- Juice handled reductively and left to settle for 3 days
- Racked and inoculated to ferment at low temperatures in stainless steel tanks
- Juice aged on lees for 3 months before blending and bottling
- Bottled October 2019
Pale straw-like color with attractive greenish hues. Bright tropical aromatics, with subtle citrus and overtones. The palate is elegant with delicately detailed sweet tropical fruits and a lively acidity, refined minerality, poised palate, and a long, flavorsome finish.
100% Sauvignon Blanc; alcohol: 13%; fruit from Darling, Durbanville, Paarl and Stellenbosch districts; vines planted 1995 – 2010; juice handled reductively with 3 days’ settling; fermented in stainless steel tanks at low temperatures; aged on lees 3 months before blending and bottling; bottled October 2019.
- 100% Sauvignon Blanc grapes
- Alcohol: 13%
- pH: 3.13
- Residual sugar: 2.4 g/l
- Total acid: 6.4 g/l
|Region||(1) Costal Region (2) Cape South Coast|
|Appellation(s)||(1) Stellenbosch, Darling (2) Elgin|
|Annual Production||50,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|