The innovative winery situated along the Wine Route, is considered one of the best wineries in South Tyrol and Italy. St. Michael Eppan Winery, with its 355 members, 350 hectares of vineyard and 2.5 million bottles sold every year, has become renowned worldwide. The “Sanct Valentin“ label alone is enough to thrill wine lovers and connoisseurs.
Grapes / Soils
|Pinot Gris||Age of vines 5 to 35 years||Calcareous pebbly|
This wine is all the rage right now, an international bestseller – especially as a major export to the United States and Great Britain. The grape, which actually originates from Burgundy, loves not only the climate in South Tyrol, but also the soil conditions. It has found a second homeland here, and has become the most widely planted grape variety. It is appreciated for its freshness, nice acidity and pleasant, lingering aftertaste.
- Age: 5 to 35 years
- Sites: Various vineyards in the municipalities of St. Michael and Kaltern (400 / 500 m)
- Exposure: Southeast, southwest
- Soil: Calcareous pebbly soil
- Training System: Guyot
- Yield: 70 hl/ha
- Harvest: early to mid of September; harvest and selection of grapes by hand
- Vinification: Fermentation and partially malolactic fermentation in stainless-steel tanks
- Color: Straw yellow with a slight green shimmer
- Nose: Fruity aroma of pear and apple
- Taste: Soft, refined and elegant
- Serving Temperature: 8 to 10 degrees
- Pairing Recommendations: The uncomplicated aperitif wine is often drunk at trendy parties and scene events. Combines perfectly with baked curd praline on tomato carpaccio.
- Storage/Potential: 2 to 3 years
- Made from Pinot Gris grapes.
- Vine age – 5 to 35 years
- Grown on calcareous pebbly soils.
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks.
- Variety: Pinot Grigio
- Alcohol Content: 13,5 %
- Acidity: 5,4 gr/lt
A very taut and citrusy pinot grigio with sliced lemons, green apples and light nutmeg. Light to medium body, pretty acidity and a fruity finish. Drink now.
|Annual Production||40,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable, organic, biodynamic|