Domaine de Montcy - Terra Laura
Terra Laura is an estate, in the Loire Valley, founded by Laura Semeria and her husband Dominique in 2007. With an aim to produce wines at the highest level the Cheverny appellation has to offer, they purchased an old estate with 15-80 year old vines. They are also one of the few producers of the tiny appellation of Cour-Cheverny.
- Size of vineyard: 5 hectars
- Soil composition: Clay with silica on a calcareous base
- Training method: Baguette
- Vines/Ha: 6,000
- Yield/ha: 40
- Year vineyard planted: 1980, 1990, 2000
- Harvest time: September
- First vintage of this wine: 2007
- Number of bottles produced: 22,000
- Fermentation container: Stainless steel
- Length of alcoholic fermentation (days): 7
- Fermentation temperature: <20°C
- Aging container: Stainless steel
- Length of aging before bottling: Minimum of 4 months
- Length of bottle aging: 3-4 months
- Light yellow color, this wine has notes of acacia flowers and leeches.
- Very aromatical at the nose but with a good length in the mouth.
- 80% Sauvignon, 20% Chardonnay for this blend of Cheverny Blanc.
- Sole use of indigenous yeast.
- Wine made in stainless steel, with 4 months minimum age on fines lees.
- Varietal composition: 80% Sauvignon, 20% Chardonnay
- Alcohol: 13.0%
|Annual Production||4,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Organic & biodynamic|