Domaine de Montcy - Terra Laura
Terra Laura is an estate, in the Loire Valley, founded by Laura Semeria and her husband Dominique in 2007. With an aim to produce wines at the highest level the Cheverny appellation has to offer, they purchased an old estate with 15-80 year old vines. They are also one of the few producers of the tiny appellation of Cour-Cheverny.
- Size of vineyard: 2 hectars
- Soil composition: Clay with silica on a calcareous base
- Training method: baguette
- Vines/Ha: 6,000
- Yield/Ha: 35
- Year vineyard planted: 1940
- Harvest time: September
- First vintage of this wine: 2007
- Number of bottles produced: 6,000
- Fermentation container: Stainless steel
- Length of alcoholic fermentations (days): 7
- Fermentation temperature: < 20°C
- Aging container: Stainless steel
- Length of aging before bottling: minimum of 10 months
- Length of bottle aging: 7-8 years
- Yellow color, this wine has notes of acacia flowers and leeches.
- More discrete at the nose but with a long lasting length in the mouth.
- 50% Sauvignon, 50% Chardonnay for this blend of Cheverny Blanc.
- Sole use of indigenous yeast.
- Wine made in stainless steel , with 10 months minimum age on fines lees.
- Varietal composition: 50% Sauvignon and 50% Chardonnay
- Alcohol: 13.0%
Laura Semeria’s 2015 Cheverny Clos des Cendres is a blend of old vines Sauvignon and Chardonnay (40-60 years old) that opens with a very elegant and perfectly ripe fruit intertwined with crushed stone flavors. Full-bodied and fresh on the palate, this is a very elegant, minerally structured and finesse-full, Cheverny with citrus flavors; it has an impressive, stimulating salty and grippy finish. An excellent wine with food. Drink Date 2016-2022.
|Annual Production||4,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Organic & biodynamic|