Domaine de Montcy
Domaine de Montcy is an estate in the Loire Valley carefully tended by the three brothers of Chevrier family, Valérie, Thierry and Vincent. With an aim to produce wines at the highest level the Cheverny appellation has to offer, they farm about 30 hectares across four main plots in the communes of Cheverny, Cormeray, Chitenay and more recently Celettes. It is also one of the few producers of the tiny appellation of Cour-Cheverny. Vincent Bonnal brings his vineyard and cellar expertise to the domaine along with his acumen with natural wines. In 2020 the family constructed a new, eco-built cellar in Cormeray, heralding the future of Domaine de Montcy.
- Soils: Clay with limestone subsoil
- Vine Training Systems: Cordon for Pinot Noir, Baguette for Gamay
- Hand harvested
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks using only native, wild yeasts and without enzymes
- Minimal and controlled use of SO2
- Aged in stainless steel tanks on fine lees for at least 4 months
“Cabriole” denotes a happy jump. The wine is full of lightness and brightness. Pale red ruby. Early intense aromas of cherry and red fruits, followed by spicy notes. The palate is enveloped by soft, velvety tannins, with a long, supple finish. This silky wine expresses all the elegance of the Cheverny soil.
Lovely to drink at parties. A marvellous accompaniment to grilled duck or fish.
60% Pinot Noir, 40% Gamay, a touch of Malbec; alcohol: 12.5%; grown in clay with limestone subsoil; hand harvested; fermented in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature with only native, wild yeast; minimal use of SO2; aged in tank on fine lees for at least 4 months; certified Organic by ECOCERT and Biodynamic by DEMETER.
- 60% Pinot Noir, 40% Gamay with a touch of Côt (Malbec)
- Alcohol: 12.5%
- Certified Organic by ECOCERT
- Certified Biodynamic by DEMETER
|Annual Production||4,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Organic & biodynamic|