Two of Burgundy’s greatest names – Jacques Seysses, founder of Domaine Dujac, and Aubert de Villaine, co-owner of Domaine de la Romanée-Conti – are the partners behind this pioneering property in Provence, northeast of Marseille and due east of Aix-en-Provence. Over the years, they have transformed this stunning 46-hectare site into one of the top wine estates in Southern France.
Vineyards in the Var, northeast of Marseille.
- Soils: Clay and limestone
- Yield: 30 – 35 hl/ha
- Varieties hand harvested and lots vinified separately
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks: 12 – 25 days for most lots, 30 – 35 days for extraordinary lots
- Daily punchdowns for Syrah
- Daily pumpovers for Cabernet Sauvignon
- Elevage 12 months in oak barrels previously seasoned at Domaine Dujac
- Lightly fined; bottled unfiltered
Saint Auguste is a selection of the best cuvées of Syrah, Cabernet-Sauvignon and Merlot. The robe is rich dark purple with bright ruby highlights. It offers alluring aromas of ripe black cherries, nutmeg and clove. It is full and concentrated and is a wine that can be enjoyed upon release and over the following 10 – 15 years.
Blend of best cuvees of 55% Syrah, 45% Cabernet Sauvignon; alcohol: 14.5%; grown on clay and limestone soils; fermentation for 12-25 days for most lots and 30-35 days for extraordinary lots; aged 12 months in previously seasoned Domaine Dujac French oak barrels; bottled lightly fined and unfiltered; Certified Organic by EcoCert from 2014 vintage.
- Blend: Best cuvées of 55% Syrah, 45% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Alcohol: 14.5%
- Certified Organic by EcoCert
|Appellation(s)||Var IGP, Méditerranée IGP|
|Proprietors||Jacques Seysses, Aubert de Villaine|
|Annual Production||22,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable/organic|