Two of Burgundy’s greatest names – Jacques Seysses, founder of Domaine Dujac, and Aubert de Villaine, co-owner of Domaine de la Romanée-Conti – are the partners behind this pioneering property in Provence, northeast of Marseille and due east of Aix-en-Provence. Over the years, they have transformed this stunning 113.7 acre (46 hectare) site into one of the top wine estates in Southern France.
Vineyards in the Var, northeast of Marseille.
- Altitude: 1200 feet
- Exposure: South
- Soils: Limestone and clay
- Yield: 30 – 35 hl/ha
- Varieties hand harvested and lots vinified separately
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks: 12 – 25 days for most lots, 30 – 35 days for select lots
- Daily punchdowns for Syrah
- Daily pumpovers for Cabernet Sauvignon
- Aged 12 months in seasoned French oak barrels previously used at Domaine Dujac
- Lightly fined; bottled unfiltered
Saint Auguste is a selection of the best cuvées of Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon. Rich dark purple color with bright ruby red highlights. Enticing scents of ripe black cherries, nutmeg and clove. The wine is rich, palate-filling and concentrated. Lovely and approachable now, it will evolve over the next fifteen years.
65% Syrah, 35% Cabernet Sauvignon; alcohol: 13.5%; vineyards in the Var, northeast of Marseille at 1200 feet; limestone and clay soils; each plot hand harvested and vinified separately; fermented in stainless steel tanks: 12-25 days for most lots and 30-35 days for select lots; aged 12 months in used French oak barrels perviously used at Domaine Dujac; bottled lightly fined and unfiltered; Certified Organic by EcoCert.
- 65% Syrah, 35% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- Total Acidity: 3.56 g/l
- pH: 3.54
- Residual Sugar: 0.8 g/l
- Total SO2: 62 mg/l
- Certified Organic by EcoCert
|Appellation(s)||Var IGP, Méditerranée IGP|
|Proprietors||Jacques Seysses, Aubert de Villaine|
|Annual Production||22,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable/organic|