For the family that has produced Cognacs in Chermignac for five generations, there is one guiding principle: follow the family tradition of care and obsession with flavor that goes into each bottle, not the fashion of the moment. That focus on creating the most pleasurable experience in the glass, following the same recipes that have been handed down through the generations, drives all the distilling, blending and aging decisions for Vallein Tercinier at Domaine des Forges.
- The soils of Fin Bois primarily consist of clayey, chalky soils that have a red tinge and contain stones from the Jurassic period.
- Heavy, 60% clay soil that produces round, smooth, intense cognacs that age fairly quickly.
- Fin Bois eau-de-vie have a bouquet of freshly picked grapes and are lightly floral.
- Bon Bois soils are sandier, eroding from the Masif Central.
- Vines are often dispersed and in some places are surrounded by forests of chestnut and pine.
- Bon Bois eau-de-vie are dominated by the character of the terrior. Their fruity aromas are scented with crushed grapes.
Very fine, intense, fruity nose, apricot, honey, orange, plum. A perfect balance completed by notes of anise and almonds. In the mouth, first a note of ginger, then the same intense, soft and fruity notes appear in a perfect harmony. Created by the master blender to pleasantly surprise lovers of the finest spirits.
- Made from 100% Ugni Blanc grapes from Fins Bois & Bons Bois
- Blend of exceptional 25 year old Fins Bois eau-de-vie and 15 year old Bon Bois eau-de-vie
- Non chill-filtered to preserve fine fruity aromas; no coloring
- Alcohol: 46%
|Appellation(s)||Grande Champagne, Petite Champagne, Borderies, Fins Bois, Bons Bois|
|Proprietors||Catherine Tercinier, Louis Tercinier, Stephane Roudier|
|Winemaker/Cellar Master||Foucauld De Menditte|
|Annual Production||3,750 9L cases|