For the family that has produced Cognacs in Chermignac for five generations, there is one guiding principle: follow the family tradition of care and obsession with flavor that goes into each bottle, not the fashion of the moment. That focus on creating the most pleasurable experience in the glass, following the same recipes that have been handed down through the generations, drives all the distilling, blending and aging decisions for Vallein Tercinier at Domaine des Forges.
- Specialized Campanian chalk soils (from which Champagne is named) that contain a high concentration of the fossil Ostrea vesicularis, a bivalve that belies the area’s origins as a warm seabed
- Vine roots can reach more than 20 meters through the chalk. Subsoil acts as a giant sponge where water slowly rises during dry periods.
- Eau-de-vie of Grande Champagne display subtlety, a long finish, suppleness and power, with lime blossom, grapevine flower and dry wood fragrance.
- The soils of Petite Champagne are thin, clayey, chalky soils on top of soft chalk from the Cretaceous period, with a high limestone content.
- Montmorillonite clay provides structure and water retention for the fertile soils.
- Eau-de-vie from Petite Champagne are elegant and supple, age slowly, and exhibit grapevine flower and fruity aromas.
The Fine Champagne X.O. Vieille Réserve has perfumes of “rancio,” indicative of its’ long aging eau-de-vie. It smells of old leather, vanilla, as well as lighter perfumes of lime blossom, vine flower and spices. It has remarkable length on the palate, with hints of honey flavors. A smooth and elegant cognac.
- 100% Ugni blanc grapes, 50% from Grande Champagne & 50% from Petite Champagne
- Aged exclusively in Limousin and Tronconnais French oak casks
- Youngest eau-de vie is 35 years old
- Alcohol: 40%
- Gold Medal – 2016 New York World Wine & Spirits Competition
- “Best in Class” & Gold Medal – 2010 International Wine & Spirits Competition (IWSC)
Gold Medal Points
Gold Medal – 2022 SF World Spirits Competition
|Appellation(s)||Grande Champagne, Petite Champagne, Borderies, Fins Bois, Bons Bois|
|Proprietors||Catherine Tercinier, Louis Tercinier,
|Winemaker/Cellar Master||Foucauld De Menditte|
|Annual Production||3,750 9L cases|