For the family that has produced Cognacs in Chermignac for five generations, there is one guiding principle: follow the family tradition of care and obsession with flavor that goes into each bottle, not the fashion of the moment. That focus on creating the most pleasurable experience in the glass, following the same recipes that have been handed down through the generations, drives all the distilling, blending and aging decisions for Vallein Tercinier at Domaine des Forges.
- The soils of Petite Champagne are thin, clayey, chalky soils on top of soft chalk from the Cretaceous period, with a high limestone content.
- Montmorillonite clay provides structure and water retention for the fertile soils.
- Eau-de-vie from Petite Champagne are elegant and supple, age slowly, and exhibit grapevine flower and fruity aromas.
- The soils of Fin Bois primarily consist of clayey, chalky soils that have a red tinge and contain stones from the Jurassic period.
- Heavy, 60% clay soil that produces round, smooth, intense cognacs that age fairly quickly.
- Fin Bois eau-de-vie have a bouquet of freshly picked grapes and are lightly floral.
- Bon Bois soils are sandier, eroding from the Masif Central.
- Vines are often dispersed and in some places are surrounded by forests of chestnut and pine.
- Bon Bois eau-de-vie are dominated by the character of the terrior. Their fruity aromas are scented with crushed grapes.
It has reached an age where the brandy reveals the fullness of its flowery notes. Its color is intensifying. To the nose, roundness and softness come through. Vanilla aromas, due to the contact of Cognac with wood, and other floral aromas come to the fore. With its delicate aromas, can also be enjoyed on ice and with water or tonic.
- 100% Ugni blanc grapes from Bons Bois, Fins Bois & Petite Champagne
- Aged exclusively in Limousin and Tronconnais French oak casks
- Youngest eau-de vie is 7-10 years old
- Alcohol: 40%
- Silver Medal – 2016 New York World Wine & Spirits Competition
- Silver Medal – 2015 Selections Mondiales Des Spiritueux Canada
|Appellation(s)||Grande Champagne, Petite Champagne, Borderies, Fins Bois, Bons Bois|
|Proprietors||Catherine Tercinier, Louis Tercinier, Stephane Roudier|
|Winemaker/Cellar Master||Foucauld De Menditte|
|Annual Production||3,750 9L cases|