For the family that has produced Cognacs in Chermignac for five generations, there is one guiding principle: follow the family tradition of care and obsession with flavor that goes into each bottle, not the fashion of the moment. That focus on creating the most pleasurable experience in the glass, following the same recipes that have been handed down through the generations, drives all the distilling, blending and aging decisions for Vallein Tercinier at Domaine des Forges.
- The soils of Fin Bois primarily consist of clayey, chalky soils that have a red tinge and contain stones from the Jurassic period.
- Heavy, 60% clay soil that produces round, smooth, intense cognacs that age fairly quickly.
- Fin Bois eau-de-vie have a bouquet of freshly picked grapes and are lightly floral.
- Bon Bois soils are sandier, eroding from the Masif Central.
- Vines are often dispersed and in some places are surrounded by forests of chestnut and pine.
- Bon Bois eau-de-vie are dominated by the character of the terrior. Their fruity aromas are scented with crushed grapes.
Our V.S. is a young and powerful Cognac. This is a blend of fine Fins Bois and Bons Bois eau-di-vie that have a forward, powerful nose, with a slight bronze color due to distillation in copper stills. For tasting, it will also appreciate tonic, chilled water, or “on the rocks.”
- Blended from fine Fins Bois and Bons Bois eau-de-vie
- Aged in Limousin French oak barrels for at least 4-5 years
- Alcohol: 40%
Gold Medal Points
Gold Medal, 2022 SF World Spirits Competition
|Appellation(s)||Grande Champagne, Petite Champagne, Borderies, Fins Bois, Bons Bois|
|Proprietors||Catherine Tercinier, Louis Tercinier,
|Winemaker/Cellar Master||Foucauld De Menditte|
|Annual Production||3,750 9L cases|