With wine making in his family blood, Vito Lauria decided to attend the University of Udine in Friuli where he obtained a degree in Enology in 2003. After stepping off the campus he worked at a number wineries in northern Italy for a few years before returning to Sicily in 2005. Vito came home to open the old family winery in Alcamo, 30 miles west of Palermo.
Grapes / Soils
- Production area: Alcamo
- Vineyard: Bosco Falconeria
- Yield: 6 tons
- Training system: Espalier
- From biodynamic farming
- Harvest: beginning of September
- Vinification: fermentation at 55°F for 15 days
- Aging: in stainless steel tanks
- Classification: Zibibbo IGP Terre Siciliane
- Variety: 100% Zibibbo
- Total acidity (grams/liter): 6.2
- pH: 3.2
- Number of bottles produced: 4,000
- The making of the dry Zibibbo wine has started not too long ago and only by a few. Vito is part of the few.
- His Solerte, is a result of “elegant” grapes grown in calcareous lands around Salemi, it is a very aromatic, floral wine but never cloying.
- It is a natural wine, like Alacre, with which they share the fate of a curious denomination, perfectly in line with the playful tone of the image of Lauria wine.
- From the fantasy of the names to the design of the labels, up to the smile of Vito’s face printed on top of the capsules.
|Annual Production||7,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Organic|