Often in the region of Champagne, from the hands of matrimony stems the joining not only of two people but plots of vineyard land as well. In 1997, Stéphanie Hubert and Olivier Waris were wed.
Grapes / Soils
|Chardonnay||35 year average in 2015||Calcerous & clay|
- Village of Avize
- Calcareous clay soil
- Average age of vines: 35 years
- Vine husbandry: 50% tillage, 50% controlled grass cover
- Made from Chardonnay grapes.
- Vine age – 35 year average in 2015.
- Grown on soils of Calcerous & clay.
- Fermented in stainless steel vats at 16°C.
- Aged in in bottle at 11°C.
- Aged for approximately 5 years.
- 100% Chardonnay Grand Cru
- 100% cuvée (first press juice)
- Cold vinification: cold settling at 4°C for 72 hours then alcoholic fermentation at 16°C.
- Vinification in stainless steel vats for 6 months.
- Cellar aging for approximately 5 years in racks at a constant temperature of 11°C.
- Dosage: 4g/l
|Appellation(s)||Côte des Blancs|
|Proprietors||Olivier & Stephanie Waris-Hubert|
|Annual Production||5,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|