Often in the region of Champagne, from the hands of matrimony stems the joining not only of two people but plots of vineyard land as well. In 1997, Stéphanie Hubert and Olivier Waris were wed.
Grapes / Soils
|Chardonnay||Vines average planting in 1980||Calcerous & clay|
- Village of Avize
- Calcareous clay soil
- Average age of vines: 35 years
- Vine husbandry: 50% tillage, 50% controlled grass cover
- Made from Chardonnay grapes.
- Vine age – 35 year average in 2015.
- Grown on soils of Calcerous & clay.
- Fermented in stainless steel vats at 16°C.
- Aged in in bottle at 11°C.
- Aged for approximately 5 years.
- 100% Chardonnay Grand Cru
- 100% cuvée (first press juice)
- Cold vinification: cold settling at 4°C for 72 hours then alcoholic fermentation at 16°C.
- Vinification in stainless steel vats for 6 months.
- Cellar aging for approximately 5 years in racks at a constant temperature of 11°C.
- Dosage: 4g/l
Blanche is white.
This taut, tight wine is impressive. The mineral texture and crisp white fruits combine into a harmonious wine that is full of apple and pear flavors. It comes from the Grand Cru village of Avize, reflecting the chalk soil in its structure. Drink from 2019.
|Appellation(s)||Côte des Blancs|
|Proprietors||Olivier & Stephanie Waris-Hubert|
|Annual Production||5,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|