Often in the region of Champagne, from the hands of matrimony stems the joining not only of two people but plots of vineyard land as well. In 1997, Stéphanie Hubert and Olivier Waris were wed.
Grapes / Soils
|Chardonnay||25 year average in 2015||Calareous & clay|
Vineyards in the villages of Cramant, Avise and Oger.
- Average age of vines: 25 years
- Soils: Calcareous clay
- Vine husbandry: 100% tillage
- Use of modern 4000 kilo Coquard press
- Blend of 2 years: 2016 & 2017
- Cold settling at 4º C for 72 hours
- Fermented in stainless steel tanks for 6-8 months
- Aged on racks for approx. 3 years at constant 11º C temperature
- Dosage: 7 g/l
It has the finesse and exceptional potential of the Chardonnay Grand Cru of Côte des Blancs. To the eye, a pale golden robe with discrete green highlights. The wine’s aromas announce its extreme purity, airy dimension and elegance. Timid at first. Then hazelnut and almond characterize the rich, creamy dimension of this cuvee. The mouthfeel is just as elegant as the aromas: one begins with lemon zest and white fruits’ aromas and tastes. Chrystalline, with barley sugar accents, it highlights our preferred grape variety, Chardonnay. An excellent dinner and aperetif wine.
100% Chardonnay Grand Cru grapes; alcohol: 12%; vineyards in Cote des Blancs’ villages of Cramant, Avise and Oger; calcareous, clay soils; vines average 25 years old (2015); blend of 2016 & 2017 vintages; juice cold settled; fermented in stainless steel vats at 16°C; aged 3 years; dosage: 7 g/l.
- 100% Chardonnay Grand Cru
- 100% cuvée (first press juice)
- Cold vinification: cold settling at 4°C for 72 hours then alcoholic fermentation at 16°C.
- Vinification in stainless steel vats for 6 months.
- Cellar aging for approximately 3 years in racks at a constant temperature of 11°C.
- Dosage: Brut 7g/l.
Albescent is from the Latin root “alba,” meaning white.
|Appellation(s)||Côte des Blancs|
|Proprietors||Olivier & Stephanie Waris-Hubert|
|Annual Production||5,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|