Often in the region of Champagne, from the hands of matrimony stems the joining not only of two people but plots of vineyard land as well. In 1997, Stéphanie Hubert and Olivier Waris were wed.
Grapes / Soils
|Pinot Noir||35 year average in 2015||Sandy calcareous|
- Villages of Sézanne and Aÿ
- Vine husbandry: traditional management
- Sandy, calcareous soil
- Average age of vines: 35 years
Armorial is the collection of family symbols: a terroir, a grape variety, a style. Pretty gold color with green reflections and elegant effervescence. This special interpretation of Pinot Noir has aromas of white flowers, pastries and dried fruits. On the palate the attack is fresh, fruity and fleshy. A long and delicious finish.
- Made from Pinot Noir grapes.
- Vine age – over 40 years on average.
- Grown on sandy calcareous soils.
- Fermented in stainless steel vats at 16°F.
- Aged in bottle at 52°F
- Aged for approximately 2 years.
- 100% Pinot Noir
- Alcohol: 12%
- Cold vinification: cold settling at 39°F for 72 hours then alcoholic fermentation at 61°F
- Vinification in stainless steel vats for 6 months
- Cellar aging for approximately 2 years in racks at a constant temperature of 52°F
- Dosage: Brut 8g/l
Armorial comes from the word “Armoiries” in French, so the arms of the family.
|Appellation(s)||Côte des Blancs|
|Proprietors||Olivier & Stephanie Waris-Hubert|
|Annual Production||5,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|