Often in the region of Champagne, from the hands of matrimony stems the joining not only of two people but plots of vineyard land as well. In 1997, Stéphanie Hubert and Olivier Waris were wed.
Grapes / Soils
|Chardonnay||25 year average in 2015||Calcareous & clay|
Grand Cur vineyards in villages Cramant, Avisé and Oger. The purity, minerality and freshness of the chardonnay from the Côte des Blancs.
- Soils: Calcareous clay
- Vine age: average 35 years
- 100% tillage
Pale golden colour with intense glints of emerald green. Fine and lively effervescence; lasting beads of bubbles. The aromas are elegant and expressive with a floral and springlike tone. Notes of lime blossom, mint and freshly mown grass develop, which evolve to white fruit and fresh Mirabelle plum. The scent of Viennese pastries and brioche fill the senses. The palate is full and with a rich attack. Firm and powerful. Dense in the evolution phase with lively lemon flavors, complimented by minerality and hints of wild citrus fruits. It’s the purity, and elegance of the chardonnay grand cru of the Côte des Blancs. Elegant and expressive.
- Made from 100% Chardonnay grapes
- Grand Cru vineyards in Cramant, Avisé and Oger
- Vine age – 35 year average
- Grown on calcareous & clay soils
- Fermented in stainless steel vats at 16°C
- Aged in bottle at 11°C for 3 years
- 100% Chardonnay Grand Cru, 100% cuvée (first press juice)
- Alcohol: 12%
- No dosage
- Cold settling at 4°C for 72 hours then alcoholic fermentation at 16°C
- Vinification in stainless steel vats for 6 – 8 months
- Aged on racks for 3 years at 11º C controlled temperature
Lilyale means a very pure white, very clear. It also takes the concept of chardonnay which is a white grape.
100% Chardonnay from Grand Cru Villages, Avize, Oger and Cramant. Light yellow; aromas of lemon peel, a hint of grapefruit and hints of green apple. Medium-full with a rich mid-palate, ripe fruit, good freshness and very good acidity. Excellent persistence, and quite stylish. Enjoy over the next 5-8 years. Excellent (92)
|Appellation(s)||Côte des Blancs|
|Proprietors||Olivier & Stephanie Waris-Hubert|
|Annual Production||5,000 9L cases|
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)||Sustainable|