Jean-François Ranvier and François Dauvergne teamed up to create a very unique approach to building a brand focused on quality from vine to finished wine.
- Vines planted on a slope covered with round, big pebbles mixed with red clay
- Made at low temperature in order to preserve aromas
- No ageing in oak barrels, in order to keep all the fruitiness of the wine
- Almost purple, deep red
- Nose is dominated by black fruits (blackcurrent, blackberry)
- Hint of red acidulated fruits (redcurrent) and violet
- Palate is soft in the attack, followed by a powerful mid palate
- Tannins are ripe and give a good structure which promises longevity
- Matches perfectly with poultry, will be appreciated with roasted beef or cow’s milk cheese
- 100% Syrah
A slightly brawny-edged style, with notes of charcoal and tobacco framing dark plum, fig and black currant fruit. Light bramble and chestnut accents run through the dark finish. Some cellaring should tame this. Best from 2019 through 2024.
|Nearly every appelation in the Rhone Valley
|François Dauvergne and Jean-François Ranvier
|40,000 9L cases
|Farming (Sustainable, organic, biodynamic)